12-16th September in Powys, Wales
Buy your MicroBurn 2019 membership here!
Wow, after unprecedented levels of demand, memberships were sold out within a couple of hours of going on sale (compared to the usual couple of months!).
The only way to get a membership to MicroBurn 2019 now is:
– if the allocation for children’s and low income tickets are not sold, a few more standard memberships will be released – this is will happen on Wednesday 17th July at 17:30
– if someone who has already bought a membership cannot attend (they can transfer it directly via the ticketing website, Quicket)
Hope to see you all in September!
Join us to co-create something magical in the Welsh hills for gathering, creation, workshops, dancing, laughter, guaranteed sunshine* and fun.
WHERE is MicroBurn?
The exact venue details will be released to Membership holders closer to the event, but the nearest train station is Caersws. Lifts are usually arranged to and from the station.
WHEN is MicroBurn?
MicroBurn 2019 starts at 2pm on Thursday the 12th September. Only those who have volunteered for Build should turn up before the Thursday afternoon. All the fun and magic will happen on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then on Monday we pack up and make our way home. Everyone is encouraged to help with build and/or strike. A limited number of people will stay to complete Strike on Tuesday.
WHAT is at MicroBurn?
There is a number of structures (yurts, a marquee, a large bell tent and a stone chapel building) all of which are available for workshops, performances and socialising. There is a Welfare yurt plus a Bar structure. There are also showers and compost toilets. Participants at MicroBurn bring their own tents or live-in vehicles to sleep in.
It’s a BURN EVENT
That means we’re here to practice the principles of Burning Man (“Say what?” you say? Here: http://microburn.org/
1) YOU are the event. What you bring is what you get. Bring your art. Bring your style. Bring your love and share it around. Participation is the name of the game and YOU ARE IT. We are a fully functioning event and there are many tasks to be completed so that the wheels don’t fall off. Wanna do something? Get involved!
2) This is a LEAVE NO TRACE event. Everything you bring, you take it back with you. If you see trash or something that’s out of place lying around, pick it up and put it where it belongs. Let’s leave the farm as shiny and delightful as we find it. We LOVE the Farm and if something is going to damage the environment there, please don’t bring it.
3) EVERYONE pays for a Membership. Including the organisers. This is because we are not a commercial event. Everyone is a volunteer – no one profits from The MicroBurn. Every single penny that’s paid by you goes into the event and the year-round process to keep it going.
We can’t wait!!
*sunshine may only be visible from inside your mind.
Make sure you’re attending on the Facebook Event so you catch the latest updates – we usually update there first.
You should also join the Facebook community to stay in touch with the MicroBurn Community in general, and also join the Slack (click here to submit your details) because that is where discussion between teams will happen.
Questions? Ask in the Facebook group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Grants 2019
Do you have a project that you would like to bring to the MicroBurn? Have you got an idea for an artwork that everyone can enjoy? Do you need help with covering the costs? Hit the button below and apply now!
First deadline for submission is 27th June and the second is 1st August.
Feel free to email any questions to email@example.com
Adopt a Yurt or Bring a Space
We have three yurts, one furnished, two not, available to participants to take over and turn into magical spaces for everyone. Alternatively, if you are planning to bring a tent or other structure for the use of participants, please tell us about it in advance so we can decide on placement and put it on the map. Applications are being accepted NOW! Hit the button below…
Questions? Please do give us a shout via firstname.lastname@example.org
MicroBurn is run by YOU and everyone is asked to do one or two shifts . There will also be volunteering opportunities at the event itself. You MUST have ALREADY got a ticket to participate.
Email email@example.com with any queries.